Love is in the air, so we wanted to share a quick and easy love-inspired DIY with you. Enjoy!
DIY: Heart-Shaped Elbow Patches
- Start with a plain long-sleeved top.
- Cut out a simple heart design (download our heart template) on a heat transfer vinyl of your choice. Remember to mirror your image before you cut it!
- Try on your top and carefully place a pin where your elbow hits the back of the sleeve. Remove the top and use a measuring tape to find the distance between the cuff of the sleeve and the pin. Write that measurement down – this is where you’ll want to place the center of your heart when you iron it on.
- Set your iron to the cotton setting and allow it to heat up. Meanwhile, remove the pins from your shirt and warm the spot where you are going to be placing the HTV for 10-15 seconds with your iron.
- Place the heart where you’d like it to go on the sleeve (this is where that measurement you took earlier comes in) and firmly press with your iron for 25-30 seconds. Flip the sleeve over so you're pressing from the back side and press for an additional 25-30 seconds. Allow to cool for 1 – 2 minutes before removing the clear backing.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second sleeve and that’s it! You’re done!
The whole process took us about 15 minutes start-to-finish. Easy!
If you try this DIY be sure to share a picture in the comments below, we’d love to see your projects!